- Richmond, VA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Office Manager Job Posting
The Virginia NAACP is seeking a full-time Office Manager to provide administrative and logistical support to the office operations and financial bookkeeping. The Office Manager plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing the daily office and finance operations.
About Virginia NAACP
Founded in 1935, the Virginia State Conference of NAACP Branches (Virginia NAACP) is the oldest and largest nonpartisan civil rights organization in the Commonwealth. The Virginia NAACP is focused on being the preeminent voice of Black Virginians and advocating for policies and programs to benefit Blacks and people of color.
The Office Manager, who is based in our Richmond headquarters office and reports to the executive director, is responsible for general and financial administrative support in addition to:
- Organizing office operations and procedures.
- Managing constituent services and related correspondence.
- Preparing and sending internal and external communications via email, snail-mail, and fax.
- Providing administrative support to the executive director, serving as an executive assistant.
- Processing donations, unit assessments, and preparing acknowledgment letters and other data entry projects.
- Maintaining donor and unit files both on paper files and in the NGP/EveryAction database.
- Supporting the executive director and treasurer with basic bookkeeping, invoicing, payments, and payroll processing.
- Prospecting new donors and cultivating relationships with existing donors and sponsors.
- Providing staff support to the Freedom Fund Committee and planning fundraising events.
- Managing call time with the executive director, president, and other principals.
- Crafting language for fundraising emails, direct mail letters, and other digital fundraising efforts.
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, describe themselves as flexible and patient, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
- A demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service via email and telephone to a diverse group of constituents.
- Experience managing multiple projects and ability to “manage up” effectively.
- A demonstrated ability to proficiently use: Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite) and Microsoft 365 is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Non-negotiable salary is $35,000. A benefits package is available. The Virginia NAACP is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a fully in-office position with no work from home capability. The Virginia NAACP requires its employees to be 100% vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza and demonstrate proof of vaccination.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online at https://naacpva.org/jobs. This position has a January 3, 2022 start date. A one-page resume in .pdf format is required for consideration. Your resume should outline any relevant professional experiences, including your cell phone and email address, in addition to three professional references with their phone numbers and email addresses.